Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sometime in 1998...Who knows

Lost and wandering down a lonesome highway, I see a sign. I don't understand the text upon it, but the shape is familiar to me. Perhaps I knew of it in my youth. Perhaps. But I am not sure now. All I know is that I am lost, aimless, a vagabond. I have no family, friends or home. Though I did have all of these once. Oh the memories seer my mind. But now it's just me and this sign; an octo-shaped form in no mans land, crimson-stained message with no meaning to me. I am certain that I once knew this. I guess lost it like I lost myself. There is nothing here in any direction but death and sand and bitter heat. So why is this symbol here? Why now? A flash of a memory washes over me. I see her death. Another comes and I see more death. There is blood on my hands, tears in my eyes. What is the damnable flood of thought? Why oh why am I haunted with a flood in the desert?

No comments:

Post a Comment