Friday, March 5, 2010

And still more micro fiction

If only I had an idea that spanned greater than 250 words....



James sits upright in bed. He stares at his hands, wipes cold sweat from his brow and arms then looks out the window to his right. Palm trees sway as winds come off the quiet ocean tides. It’s serene. Paradise.

“No snow. No blood. Just a dream. Just a dream.”

20 minutes later… James sits upright in bed. He stares at his hands, wipes cold sweat from his brow and arms then looks out the window to his right. Palm trees sway as winds come off the quiet ocean tides. It’s serene. Paradise.

“He’s done it again. I think it must be Canada perhaps Alaska. Now what? I can’t call now. She’s already dead. I can’t do anything. He’s daring me to come for him. Do I even care? Just go back to sleep.”

40 minutes later… James sits upright in bed.

“DAMN YOU ERIC!!!”

The no longer sleeping man showers, packs his bag and calls for a taxi. The vehicle arrives as he pays his hotel bill. The Polynesian girl waiting on him is youthful, beautiful, interested. Interested now at check-out but not in the last month. Damn you Eric.

“Take me to the airport please. And make it fast. My sister has just been murdered somewhere…”

No comments:

Post a Comment